Sunday 8 February 2015

My Saviour

 
 
Cbeebies, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
 

I love the much needed exercise you have brought me, in the form of the
'Timmy Time dance off', created by the sleep thief herself.

 
I love the things you teach me daily, such as how a bridge is built (thanks Nina) or how to sign 'giraffe' (thanks Justin).
 
I love that you have the ability to bring my daughter out of a tantrum in a way that no one else ever could, usually involving Baby Jake.
 
I love that you don't judge me when I send my daughter off to find a toy that doesn't exist so that I can have a few seconds to stuff my face with chocolate in piece.
 
I love how welcome you make me feel when my daughter is asleep and I am the only one watching to see who wants a show me!
 
I love that you have witnessed my hardest parenting moments, and cheered me on throughout.
 
I love how mesmerising my daughter finds you, I'm certain you are the sole reason I have managed to get this far.
 
I love that you are always there, a familiar face in a world mostly full of misery, sleep deprivation and Quavers.
 
CBeebies, without you I would have crumbled under the pressure of dealing with my daughter. It is such a comfort to know that we are in this together, you and I, until the bitter end, each and every day. An end which is nowhere near being in sight, but I remain hopeful that one day we will reach it.
 

 
The Dad Network

6 comments:

  1. I adore this post!! Oh how we can be thankful to cbeebies. My two are just about still in the club. But they're already asking for alternative channels. :-( I think I'll miss Katy the most ; -)
    Thanks for linking up with us on the #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I don't know what I will do when my little one reaches that age! Cant imagine a CBeebies-less world ;) xx

      Delete
  2. We aren't at a TV stage yet but i can imagine ill be thinking similar when the time comes! Thanks for sharing and for linking up #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that. Is it just me or do you sometimes switch on the TV and watch it (read social media) for more than an hour when there aren't even any children in the room?

    ReplyDelete